This post is also available in: Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
There are a lot of storage devices used to store data but the most common used ones are the CDs, DVDs, memory cards, memory sticks and undoubtedly the hard drives. All these storage devices have on major flaw in common, they are not infallible and this means that the data stored on them can be lost or damaged through a number of unforeseen failures. Fortunately, there are companies that employ data recovery specialists that can recover your data by using special techniques, software and tools. Data recovery can sometimes be performed by the user of the damaged device by using software but there is a high risk of failure that can result in permanently erased data or damaged storage devices.
There are a number of conditions that can cause a storage device failure and they include heat, water, impacts and power interruptions. Other causes can be viruses.
Causes of Data Loss
- Exposure of the hard disk to extreme temperatures or variations in humidity;
- Exposure of the hard drive to shock or force;
- Hard drive malfunction as a result of defective mechanical or electronic components
- Exposure of the hard drive to power surge or sudden power cut;
- Degrading read/write heads in electro-mechanical hard disks after several years of operation;
- Hard disk file system or partition corruption
- Data loss as a result of accidental formatting;
- Data loss after using “System Recovery Disk” and re-installation of the Windows or Mac Os;
- Virus or spyware infection;
- Automatic or deliberate use of ScanDisk, CheckDisk, Defrag or some DIY data recovery software downloaded from the internet;
- Broken or corrupted RAID configuration in hard disks configured as Redundant Array of Inexpensive Disks (RAID);
- Moisture or liquid penetration in the hard drive;
- Fire or smoke damage;
How can Data Recovery Lab help you recover your data?
The data recovery process depends on what has actually happened to your hard drive, memory stick or your digital storage media device. Our data recovery specialists will begin with a diagnosis of the hard drive to determine what exactly needs to be done and what solution fits your specific needs at what cost and then you are contacted by phone or email to discuss your data recovery job.
About HTI Services
HTI Services is a member of HTI Investment and Technologies Joint Stock Company. We provide the leading solutions for digital forensics as well as electronic data recovery. Founded by members with over 10 years of in-depth experience in digital forensics, high-tech crime investigation and electronic data recovery; over the years, HTI Services has handled hundreds of civil cases and support law enforcement in the field of electronic digital forensics as well as high-tech crime investigation. With a modern lab system and a team of highly qualified and trained technicians, HTI Services confidently brings the best and most suitable solutions and services to customers.
HTI Services is a subsidiary of HTI Investment and Technologies JSC that provides leading solutions for digital forensics as well as electronic data recovery; it was founded by HTI team members with over 10 years of in-depth experience and expertise in digital forensics, high-tech crime investigation, and electronic data recovery. Over the years, HTI Services has supported law enforcement in hundreds of civil cases in these specific highly specialized fields of practice. With a modern lab setup and a team of highly qualified and trained technicians, HTI Services confidently brings the best and most suitable solutions and services to our customers.